Join Startup Canada, in partnership with Business Development Bank of Canada, Intuit, industry partners, Startup Communities, leading women entrepreneurs, and government decision-makers, throughout the month of March to scale-up women-led businesses across Canada.
Register now for local women entrepreneurship events across Canada, digital training opportunities, and tune into a special LIVE Broadcast presentation featuring Hon. Mary Ng, Minister of Small Business and Export Promotion. Click here to read the press release.
“Startup Canada is committed to scaling-up support for women entrepreneurs whose efforts and ingenuity can help Canada’s economy rise to its full potential.” – Victoria Lennox, President and Co-Founder, Startup Canada
The City of Quinte West in partnership with Loyalist College and Quinte Economic Development Commission are proud to present Leadercast 2019. Returning for the second year in a row, this one day Leadership Development Conference is for local leaders passionate about devleoping ther skills alongside fellow community and business leaders.
Leadercast provides participants with a simulcast broadcast of world famous leadership experts from around the world, as well as an in person presentation.
Participate by getting your ticket for this unique and rewarding leadership developing experience!
Friday, May 10, 2019
9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Join us for a webinar to learn more about the Canadian Agricultural Partnership funding for agri-food producers and processors.
The webinar is aimed at economic development organizations and practictioners looking to support their agri-food clients. Come with your questions ready about the Canadian Agricultural Partnership funding.
Tuesday April 2, 2019
10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
This course is designed for individuals looking to become Licensed Oil Burner Technician 3’s (OBT3) and who are currently working in the industry. Upon successful completion of the course, individuals will have gained the knowledge to complete the theory portion of the Oil Burner Technician 3 exam through the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) for certification. A comprehensive look at the oil heating industry will be covered and its regulations as follows:
- Tools & Fasteners
- Math for OBTs
- Introduction to the Laws Governing the Oil Heat Industry
- Fuel Oil Properties, Combustion Theory and Combustion Chambers Introduction to Efficiency
- Piping and Tubing
- Fuel Oil Storage and Delivery
- Burners and Nozzles
- Fundamentals of Oil Controls
- Introduction to Oil Fired Appliances
- Draft and Combustion
- Basic Electricity, Technical Manuals, Drawings and Graphs Annual Maintenance
To successfully obtain your Oil Burner Technician 3 license with TSSA students will be required to:
- Successfully complete this training program
- Minimum 90% attendance of class instruction
- Minimum 75% mark on the TSSA written examination
- Minimum 75% on the practical evaluation assessment completed directly with TSSA
- Practical must be completed within 1 year of the written exam at a location of your choosing
- Additional fees for practical will apply from TSSA
Registrations are required 15 days in advance of the course start date.
Entry level course.
TS Technical College
5 day (Mon to Fri 9:00-4:00 pm; exam Fri Afternoon)
Loyalist College (Belleville)
Investment: $2,399.00+ HST per person, includes all course materials and TSSA written exam
Course materials provided
- Student Manuals (Oil Burner Technician 3 – Student/Lab Manual)
- B139 Codebook (B139 Series 15-Installation Code for Oil Burning Equipment)
- Ontario Act and Regulations (O. Reg. 213/10, O. Reg. 215/01, Fuel Oil Code Adoption
Document Amendment, Technical Standards and Safety Act, 2000)
Contact: Email Tiffeny Dyck firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-969-1913 Ext 2294 for questions.
Welding Introduction to GMAW (MIG) and SMAW (STICK)
This introductory course will guide students through basic theory and safety aspects of Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW): popular with home hobbyists as well as in high-production welding, and Shielded Metal Arc Welding (STICK): one of the oldest and most common arc welding processes. Hands-on training will be held in our state-of-the art Welding facility, common joint types and positions will be discussed and practiced.
Who should attend
Students with little or no experience.
What You Will Learn:
- Basic theory and safety aspects of Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), Shielded Metal Arc Welding (STICK)
- Skills to make consistently sound welds
- Common joint types and positions
Tuesday Nights 10 weeks (6:30-9:30 pm)
Loyalist College (Belleville)
Investment: $389 +HST per person
Requirements: Students must bring their own Safety Gear: Welding Mask(some available in shop), Welding Gloves (heavy gauntlet style), Safety Glasses and Safety Shoes (steel toed).