FREE to join! Registration is required
September 23 2021
12:15PM – 4:00PM
The Eastern Ontario Innovation Information Forum (IIF) is a half-day event hosted by Procurement Assistance Canada-Ontario Region (formerly the Office of Small & Medium Enterprises) and network partners, including the Quinte Economic Development Commission (QEDC), to support the innovation and economic development growth of businesses across Ontario.
The objective of the Eastern Ontario IIF is raise awareness of how to do business with the Government of Canada, as well as inform on available funding programs and services for small and medium enterprises, innovators and start-ups. The IIF is also an opportunity to connect directly with federal department officials.
Agenda to include information on the following:
• Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) – Office of Small and Medium Enterprises (OSME) – Mythbusting Federal Procurement
• Department of National Defence (DND) – Innovation for Defence Excellence and Security (IDEaS)
• National Research Council (NRC) – Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP)
• Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) – Intellectual Property – The Basics
• Natural Science and Engineering Research Council Canada (NSERC) – Alliance Grants
• Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) – Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SR&ED) – Tax Incentive Program
• FedDev Ontario – Industrial and Technological Benefits (TBC)
• Question and Answer Period
September 22 – 23
9:30am – 12:00 PM
Online / Webinar
The Government of Ontario, in collaboration with the Trade Commissioner Service, is hosting a two-day webinar program and will present on the following topics:
- U.S. immigration and business visa requirements
- federal and state tax liability issues
- currency exchange strategies
- corporate and legal considerations
- U.S. Customs clearance documentation requirements
Leadercast is the largest one-day leadership training event in the world. This year the City of Quinte West is bringing Leadercast 2021 to Quinte West through a series of virtual videos.
The Leadercast 2021 – Shift is a series of three (3) individual pre-recorded speakers each week, scheduled over four (4) weeks commencing on Monday, September 13, 2021. Each series will be available for viewing over a five day period (Monday through Friday). Once registered you will receive a link each Monday (starting September 13th) over the four (4) weeks of the event and each series will include three (3) speakers.
The City of Quinte West only has 100 tickets available and they will be sold on a first come, first served basis. Be sure to purchase yours early.
We will highlight the best 4, free apps that will help any small business owner with the following business tasks:
About this event
WAVE – Bookkeeping and Invoicing
Calendly – Scheduling
Canva – Graphic Design
Google Calendar – Organizing Your Time
Join RTO 9 as we focus on the road ahead for tourism. This years Summit will concentrate on the steps needed to improve traveler confidence, understand new market trends, and the drivers of demand and commitment to building more resilient and inclusive tourism sectors, delivered by Cathy Kirkpatrick, Alphabet Creative and Oliver Martin, Twenty31. Hear first hand from tourism operators Wendy Banks, owner of Furnace Falls Farm & Wendy’s Market, and Brett Christopher, Managing Artistic Director of 1000 Islands Playhouse on how the pandemic has created new opportunities to think in different ways when attracting visitors
Fri, Sep 10, 2021 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM EDT
DATE: Thursday, September 16
TIME: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
The Government of Ontario is offering a series of free webinars to help reboot your export business. This workshop designed to help you develop the all important “pitch presentation”, and we begin with what is most important to your customers and business partners – focusing on how you communicate your features, benefits and value. We will build up your presentation and then break that down into a 15-second elevator pitch and a two minute coffee pitch. You can expect to leave with all the tools you need to make a lasting impression and differentiate yourself from the crowd.
The webinar will cover topics such as:
• Differentiation and Unique Selling Proposition
• Identifying Your Brand Essence
• Developing Multiple Pitch Formats
• Knowing how to use your pitches in different scenarios (virtual missions, hybrid, in-person, receptions, meetings)
REGISTER BY: September 14, 2021.Register Now!
If you have any questions about this webinar, contact Steven Karpenko [email protected]
Join RTO 9 and Search Warrant, a boutique digital marketing firm specializing in digital marketing for your bottom line, for this interactive webinar. Google My Business is a free and easy-to-use tool for businesses and organizations to manage their online presence across Google, including Search and Maps.
On August 17th QYP invites you to attend a Fun In the Sun Mingle!
Drop In from 5-7PM
Grab a bite to eat and shop around at the different artisan shops that evening! Hear from three of the Pop Up Vendors on their entrepreneurial journey and mingle with other YP’s.