As a young farmer you respect your parents but you are getting frustrated not knowing what “the Plan” is for your future roles on the farm. Parents are overwhelmed knowing they need to get certainty for their future, but they seem to work harder and avoid conflict. Procrastination and avoidance of succession conversations will stop now.
This session will open up communication and improve conflict resolution on your farm to get a succession or transition plan in place this year, not help plan for taxes or debt servicing. You can use texting to ask private questions so all issues are shared in a safe and respectful manner.
- kick-start conversations and develop better language to share your intent and decrease tension
- understand the needs of each generation and the emotional factors keeping your transition stuck
- clarify what roles you want, at what age and in which stage in your farm career
- talk about your expected income streams and housing dreams
- ask more powerful questions and find fairness in the transition with the successor and non-business heirs
- explore sound business meeting tips and learn how to build your team of advisors
Lunch will be included.
Start: 10:30 AM
End: 3:00 PM
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott
407 N Front Street
Belleville, ON K8P 3C8