January 23 – March 26
Welding Introduction to GMAW (MIG) and SMAW (STICK)
This introductory course will guide students through basic theory and safety aspects of Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW): popular with home hobbyists as well as in high-production welding, and Shielded Metal Arc Welding (STICK): one of the oldest and most common arc welding processes. Hands-on training will be held in our state-of-the art Welding facility, common joint types and positions will be discussed and practiced.
Who should attend
Students with little or no experience.
What You Will Learn:
- Basic theory and safety aspects of Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), Shielded Metal Arc Welding (STICK)
- Skills to make consistently sound welds
- Common joint types and positions
Thursday Nights 10 weeks (7:00 pm-10:00 pm)
Loyalist College (Belleville)
Investment: $389 +HST per person
Students must bring their own safety gear as per the following:
- Welding Mask (some available in shop)
- Welding Gloves (heavy gauntlet style)
- Safety Glasses
- Safety Shoes (steel toed).
Contact: Email Melanie Roy email@example.com or call 613-969-1913 Ext 2480 for questions.