Health and Safety Knowledge for the Workplace
The Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) requires employers to ensure at least one certified member represents management and one certified member represents workers on the Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC). This training provides participants with an overall knowledge of health and safety that is applicable to all workplaces.
Who should attend?
All JHSC members, including alternate members or other workplace parties, including supervisors and managers, to build their health and safety expertise.
- To acquaint participants with the importance of occupational health and safety, the role of government, industry, and workers regarding health and safety
- Provide participants with a working knowledge of the
- Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and related legislation
- Provide participants with the basic knowledge on how to identify hazards and how workplace hazard can impact on the human body.
- Make participants aware of hazard assessment tools and
- techniques and
- how to best use these varying tools and techniques to assess workplace hazards.
- Introduce participants to the concept of hazard control, how we look at hazards and control them for the protection of a worker
- Provide participants with the skills to prepare for and conduct workplace inspections and to report on the inspection to the Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Enable participants to conduct an effective investigation into occupational accidents, incidents, illnesses, and diseases, report on the investigation and make recommendations.
- Enable participants to function effectively as members of a Joint Health and Safety Committee and to promote the effective operation of JHSC’s in the workplace
- Provide participants with the background knowledge to exercise their rights, to carry out their duties, responsibilities and other functions of the certified member.
What you’ll learn
- Provides participants with an overall knowledge of health and safety that is applicable to all workplaces. The following courses are mandatory:
- Introduction to Workplace Health and Safety
- Health and Safety Law and Responsibilities
- Identifying, Assessing and Controlling Hazards
- Planned Workplace Inspection
- Incident Investigation
- Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Certified Member
Jerry Traer, Workplace Safety North
Duration: 3 Day (9am – 4pm). May 28-30
Investment: $ 459 plus HST