OMAFRA’s Program to Raise Ontario Food International Trade (PROFIT) workshop provides Ontario agri-food producers and processors with the main exporting touchpoints required for food and beverage products to the U.S., including readiness assessment, legal considerations, facility preparation, export strategy, risk management planning, product labelling, freight and logistics.
For 2021, PROFIT will be offered in a virtual format at no cost to anyone in Ontario’s agri-food industry that is interested in learning more about exporting food and beverage products to the US. This highly successful ‘how to export’ program will be offered in nine, 90-minute sessions over a seven-week period in July and August.
Topics covered will include:
• Preparing to Export and the Importance of an Export Plan
• Market Research
• Food Safety
• Nutritional Testing and Labeling
• Logistics and Transportation
• Financial Risk Management
• US Tax Laws
• Government Funding Programs
• Working with US Customs Brokers, FDA and USDA
• Selling into the US
• Exporting to International Markets
• Experienced Exporter Panel
Each session will last 90 minutes (9:30 am EDT – 11:00 am EDT) consisting of presentations and discussions covering the elements needed to export food products. Reference materials will be provided throughout the courses, with a certificate of completion given to those who participate in all nine modules.