VIRTUAL SEMINAR – DECEMBER 2 – 4
When prompted, please use the following invitation code to access the registration form: CETA3RD
Join us in exploring why the European Union (EU) is a market of tremendous opportunity at this virtual seminar on the Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA)!
The EU is one of the largest economies in the world and Canada’s second largest trading partner. With its dynamic and diverse market of 450+ million affluent consumers, it is a major importer of goods and services which provides ample opportunities for Canadian businesses. Thanks to CETA, you can leverage preferential access and reduced barriers to trade across this market to help you achieve your business goals.
CETA is an ambitious and inclusive free trade agreement (FTA) that covers virtually all sectors and aspects of Canada EU trade. Its broad scope offers a full range of benefits and advantages for Canadian businesses like yours in a wide range of sectors, which can help you edge out the competition. FTAs, like CETA, are now more important than ever in advancing businesses’ recovery during COVID 19 and in helping small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) grow their businesses globally.
Join the Honourable Mary Ng, Minister of Small Business, Export Promotion and International Trade, in this virtual seminar to learn about opportunities in this exciting market and how the Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) can help you navigate the real benefits of CETA for your business during these challenging times.
Learn directly from experts with on the ground advice on how to make the most of advantages and opportunities available for your business in the EU through CETA, such as:
- increased competitiveness through tariff elimination;
- expanded market access to trade for both products and services;
- unprecedented access to government procurement opportunities (a first for the EU);
- greater certainty, transparency, and intellectual property (IP) and investment protection; and
- reduced barriers to moving goods and businesspeople across border
You will also discover how to capitalize on resources, programs and services offered by the TCS and partner organizations that will smooth your path to this lucrative market. As disruptions in global supply chains due to COVID 19 affect business operations, the TCS is a key support resource for Canadian businesses looking to navigate challenges, troubleshoot situations and find opportunities.
The seminar program will be delivered in a variety of dynamic formats to facilitate learning and engagement with participants:
- Expert panels and audience question periods with Senior Trade Commissioners on market opportunities and challenges for Canadian businesses in the EU
- Canadian business champions panel on their successes in exporting to the EU under CETA
- Workshop on how to take advantage of CETA in the EU
- Sessions on key exporting topics, including financing and insurance, tariffs and rules of origin, selling online in the EU, government procurement and more
- Specialized sessions with resources for new exporters and opportunities for women exporters in the EU
- Sector focused panels on key areas of opportunity in the EU, including agriculture and agri food, cleantech, ICT, consumer goods and more
The seminar will open with speeches from the Honourable Mary Ng on the benefits of CETA for Canadian businesses, especially SMEs, and the impact of CETA and opportunities in the EU market during COVID 19; and guest speaker, Christian Bergsmueller, Acting Head of the EU Delegation, on the close connection between Canada and the EU, and the common market within the EU.
For more details on the program, visit the event page.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
Canadian export ready companies, especially SMEs, who are:
> not yet exporting their products or services to the EU but are interested in doing so; or
> already exporting their products or services to the EU but are looking to expand their business with support and resources from the TCS.
Register now to participate in this free event! When prompted, please use the following invitation code to access the registration form: CETA3RD
Registration deadline: November 29, 2020
For more information or questions about the seminar, please contact FTAALE.BPE@international.gc.ca.